Leaving Yeppoon we travelled to Sarina for an overnight stop then onto Seabreeze Tourist Park in Cannonvale (Airlie Beach) (maplink) for a week stay. It rained from Yeppoon to Airlie but cleared up on the 2nd day there (had us a bit worried).
The caravan park in Sarina was one of the neatest parks we have ever been in. If you are ever looking for a great CP then you cannot go past Sarina Palms Caravan Village – Dennis, who runs the park, went out of his way to make our stay a nice one. Sorry – no photos as it was raining the whole time!
Seabreeze Tourist Park has heaps of Blue Tiger butterflies flying about with lots of different bird types – in particular these weird birds called Curlews (check out this YouTube video example), they make the scariest calls during the night which sounds like a child crying.
Cyclone Debbie totally destroyed the Shute Harbour facilities in 2017 with gusts over 250 km/hr. The reconstruction of the Marina is underway. It’s a massive project and you could see that there is still a long way to go.
- Caravan Park – A great park to stay in. Totally recommend it
- Cost per night – $48.00
- Facilities – Interesting set-up and always tidy and clean
- CP Location – Great location. Not in Airlie itself but still a good spot
- Our rating/score – 9/10
- Was it a nice town to visit? – Yes. Pretty busy but it was expected
- Activities & places of interest – So much to do here. Need to return to do more – check out TripAdvisor
- Would we return? – Definitely
- Overall Score – 9/10
- Summary – We loved our stay here and will be back, that’s for sure