Our trip from Charters Towers, heading west, to Richmond (maplink) was one of the bumpiest ones yet. We couldn’t believe how much we bounced along the road – had to slow down to 80km/hr at some points.
We pulled into the Lakeview Caravan Park for 3 nights, which was really nice but everyone is packed in “real tight”.
A walk around Fred Tritton Lake (next to the caravan park) followed by drinks up at the barby shelter afterward was a great way to end the 1st day.
A look around this lovely and very tidy town showed up some gems, one of which was the Cambridge Store, a restored store from the 1800’s. Another was the stockman statue out front of the Council offices.
Sunrise over Fred Tritton Lake was stunning. Check out these shots…
- Caravan Park – Great location but the sites are pretty close together
- Cost per night – $26.00
- Facilities – Bit old & dated but clean
- CP Location – Great location with views over the lake
- Our rating/score – 76/10
- Was it a nice town to visit? – yes – a very neat & tidy town
- Activities & places of interest – Kronosaurus Corner is the highlight
- Would we return? – Only if passing through the area
- Overall Score – 7/10
- Summary – Enjoyed our stay. Happy hour drinks under the rotunda was great