Today we departed Mt Isa for our road trip up to Karumba in the Gulf of Carpenteria. We decided to break the 565km trip in half and take an overnight stop at the Burke & Wills Roadhouse located at the “Four Ways” intersection (route map).
Copped a chip & crack in the windscreen today, from a passing vehicle, which will require a replacement at some point.
It was a bit dusty, but “it’s the outback!” Quickly made friends with the neighbours, Steve & Norelle, shared some stories and had a couple of beers – as is the custom.
Dinner was the famous roadhouse burgers, which did not disappoint at all.
- Caravan Park – only one in town
- Cost per night – $30.00 for power – $10 for non-power
- Facilities – As expected for an outback stay
- CP Location – midway between Cloncurry & Karumba
- Our rating/score – 7/10
- Summary – as it’s the only CP in the area it was a welcoming respite in our drive north. The burgers at the roadhouse were fantastic