We actually pulled out of Undara (see previous post) a day early as we felt it was time to move on. So we literally poked a finger at the map and found this gem of a location called Lakeside Motor Inn & Caravan Park situated on the shores of Lake Tinaroo (maplink) just outside of Yungaburra, in the Atherton Tablelands region. It was difficult to believe that in the 205kms from dusty outback Undara we were now in lush and green Yungaburra.
The caravan is situated right on Lake Tinaroo so the views were really great over the water.
We only had a one night stay here but had a quick look around. Directly over the road from our caravan park was this wonderful memorial called The Afghanistan Avenue of Honour which was a beautiful tribute to our troops who served in Afghanistan.
- Caravan Park – Fantastic location with well spaced out sites and great managers. They even set-up a fire pit for happy hour
- Cost per night – $30
- Facilities – great – very clean & modern
- CP Location – a bit out of town (about 3kms) but right on Lake Tinaroo which is lovely.
- Our rating/score – 9/10
- Was it a nice town to visit?- yes
- Activities & places of interest – plenty – we only had an overnighter but this place has potential for a longer stay
- Would we return? – definitely
- Overall Score –10/10
- Summing up – we’ll be back!