After leaving South West Rocks we decided to have an overnight stopover in the lovely town of Woolgoolga (maplink) or as it is locally known as “Woopie“.
We love Woopie, having visited whenever we call in to see our mates Dave & Julie, who live 10 minutes down the road in Sandy Beach. This is the first time we’ve camped here though, at Woolgoolga Beachside Caravan Park. Our site backed right onto the beach, which was fantastic.
Lunch at the wonderful Blue Bottles Brasserie Café with Dave & Julie. Just had to order their specialty Corn Fritters – yummy! If you are ever in Woolgoolga you MUST pay this Café a visit and try their delicious dishes – menu is available on their website.
Then we shared sunset drinks with Neil’s mate from the Aquarena gym, Bryn and his wife Barb. Not bad for a one night stop.
We will definitely come back to Woopie and stay longer next time.
- Caravan Park – great park right on the beach – totally recommend it
- Cost per night – $42.17
- Facilities – very clean and tidy
- CP Location – right in town, next to shops, restaurants and beach
- Our rating/score – 8/10
- Was it a nice town to visit? – yes – lovely place. We have visited before but never camped here
- Activities & places of interest –didn’t really look as it was just an overnighter
- Would we return? – Definitely
- Overall Score – 8/10
- Summary – We love Woopie to begin with but this was the first time we had stayed in the caravan park. Perfect location, right on the beach, but it was really cramped with not much room between sites and really hard to park our van. But we’d still come back.