Day 1 of our trip sees us leaving home in Melbourne and heading for Shepparton to catch up with friends, Gary & Shirley, for a dinner party at their place in Lifestyle Living. The next morning we also caught up with other friends, Gary & Lorraine, for breakfast at their place. What a lovely way to begin our journey.
The following day we left a very wet and overcast day in “Shepp” for Gundagai in NSW. Trusty old “wikicamps” helped us to find a nice little free camp called Morleys Creek RV Camp just outside of town. It rained all night!
- Caravan Park – Shepparton is really neat and tidy with good amenities & friendly managers. Gundagai free camp is out of town, a bit boggy, next to a creek
- Cost per night – Shepparton – $43 & Gundagai – $0
- Facilities – Shepparton – good & clean.
- CP Location – Shepparton is a bit out of town. Gundagai – we picked the wrong spot – there is another closer to town (and walking distance)
- Our rating/score – Shepparton 8/10 & Gundagai 4/10
- Was it a nice town to visit? – both are nice to visit
- Activities & places of interest –never bothered to look – overnighter
- Would we return? – Shepparton – yes. Gundagai – probable not and stay in Jugiong free camp instead
- Overall Score – Shepparton 8/10 & Gundagai 6/10
- Summary – We will always stay in the same CP in Shepparton, as it is a very neat and tidy park. Gundagai was just an overnighter to break our travel up and next time we will try a lot harder to find the free camp in town instead of this one